Archive for March, 2011
Anatomy For Yoga Teachers
Richelle Ricard, LMP, RYT
Unity Therapeutic Bodywork & Movement
Sunday, April 3rd 12:30-5:30
Saturday, April 9th 3:00-8:00
Sunday, April 10th 12:30-5:30
Take your teaching to the next level. With a true understanding of anatomy, physiology and kinesiology, a yoga teacher becomes a better witness to the movements and safety of their students. This class is interactive and discussion based, focused on concepts of movement and observation, it is not about memorizing muscle names. We look at the body through the eyes of a yoga teacher, and relate this science directly to the art of teaching yoga.
We will cover:
- Anatomy and Physiology Basics–terminology, tissues, structures and functions
- Mechanics of Movement–concepts of movement and how to be more observant of these in our students
- The Nervous System–the brain, learning, reflexes and the mind
- Common Injuries–modifications, healing and what to avoid
- Posture-specific Analysis– risks and modifications
More details at the Body of Knowledge Page. Now you can pay online!